Trans-Continental Bicycle Trip - Postcards
Just a selection of the seven rolls of photographs that I took along
- Cheat river. West Virginia
After 4 mountains I thought the run along this river was nice.
- Gateway Arch. Saint Louis, Missouri
I knew nothing could stop me when I reached the mighty Mississippi!
- Route 66. Sleeper, Missouri
Finally getting my kicks on Route 66.
- U Drop In cafe. Shamrock, Texas
The wonderful art-deco cafe/gas station at sunrise.
- Leaning water tower. Groom, Texas
One of the icons of Route 66 is still standing (just)!
- Cadillac ranch. Amarillo, Texas
Is it a celebration of the automobile, or a statement on American excess?
- Poles apart!. west of Tucumcarri, New Mexico
I can only guess it's the result of a brush fire.
- The ghosts of the past!. near Cuervo, New Mexico
Bypassed by I40, much of Route 66 has gone this way.
- Continental divide. east of Gallup, New Mexico
Where the rainfall decides whether to drain into the Pacific or Atlantic.
- mesas. west of Truxton, Arizona
Many interesting canyons and mesas on this stretch of 66 between Seligman
- Danby dry lake. west of Rice, California
The desert between Vidal Junction and Desert Center on CA 62.
- Yours truly. south of Borrego Springs, California
A fully figured configured touring cyclist, after 3050 miles and 35 days!
Return to Michael's Home Page